Monday, April 4, 2011

I heart Venice Guggenheim

Venice is beautiful. Despite my being hopelessly lost for most of my stay, I enjoyed the old buildings, the canals and the general uniqueness of the place. The highlight of my short visit was definitely the Peggy Guggenheim collection. In particular, this:


Picasso's "At the Beach". The 3D shapes make up forms that are so 'other' yet carry very human features, and are engaged in a human act. 

This one wasn't at the Guggenheim, but I really love it as well: 


Another "Figures at the beach", yet this one seems so explicit! Like watching creatures mate on the nature channel... 

Sorry for the lack of updates...I will be exploring Verona and Florence in the next week, and hopefully return with a plethora of artists and ideas. Ciao!


No comments: